1. This is not a rant community. Do not post entries ranting or rambling about badly characterized fanfiction here, or they will be promptly deleted. We prefer to spend more time on helping create good, in-character fanfiction than wasting our time ranting about the bad.
2. Do not post out of your given rank/position. If you are a general member, do not make consultant posts. If you are a general member, do not tag your own entries, leave it for the taggers. If you are a tagger, please do not make consultant posts. Explanation of the positions can be found in both the introductory post and the application post, as well as a list of the people who currently hold consultant, tagger, and maintainer/moderator positions.
3. This is a community for answering questions and giving constructive criticism. Do not flame and certainly do not start a flame war. It's fine if you disagree with another member's statement, but express this politely. Especially if you are replying to a posted question and disagree with someone else's response. Give reasons why you disagree. Do not just say the person is an idiot and they're wrong. If a discussion gets out of hand, contact the moderator to settle the dispute.
4. When reccing fics, do not rec your own. This is quite tacky and is generally considered a fandom faux pas.
5. All fandoms are welcome here. Do not diss someone else's fandom choices. All ships are also welcome. Do not diss someone else's ships. (This rule goes hand in hand with #3.)
6. Please watch your language. Not everybody wants to read constant swearing. If you must swear a lot, please put it under a cut.
7. Do not un-friends-lock any of your posts to this community. This keeps the introduction post automatically viewable to people viewing the comm for the first time.
8. No question is stupid, we're all here to both learn and teach.
Violations of the Rules:
Violation #1 of the rules will result in a warning and deletion of the violating comment or post.
Violation #2 will result in temporary banning from posting to the community.
Violation #3 will result in permanent banning from the community.
I’m choosing to be somewhat lenient with some of the rules, and small violations will probably be pointed out and then ignored. Large offenses, on the other hand, will result in a skip from the #1 punishment straight to the #3 punishment. i.e, slightly breaking rule #6 is a small offense that might be ignored if in a small dose, however knowingly breaking rule #2 after being warned will result in automatic banning.
Any questions about these rules (and general questions) should be asked here.